10:58 AM

Cascading emotions

posted under by Afzalina | Edit This



Love, Smile and Tear were seated in a confession
And thus begins an encounter of their debate and discussion
Love chooses to speak up first – for he sports vanity
The others then brace their good selves, to listen to his fallacy

“I am the strongest” Love exclaimed “I create bonds, I glue them too
I rule the heart of the living; hence I am better than you two”
Smile got up with surprise and threw Love a furtive glance
“Don’t be so hasty to conclude” said Smile to Love “We are awaiting our chance”

“I am the undisputed queen of joy” said Smile “I spread happiness to all,
I can mend broken hearts too and cause a Tear to fall”
Tear spoke “I must remind you my friend; you cannot ignore my worth,
I am the mirror to all emotions; be it sorrow, fear or mirth”

At this, I suddenly woke up from slumber, as I opened my eyes to see,
The calm face of my man in sleep, with love in abundance for me
I feel the upsurge of joy in my heart, a joy that is Oh so pure!
If Love can bring a Smile and cause a Tear to fall, then I’m in love for sure!

1 comments

Make A Comment
top