10:53 AM

Perhaps Love

posted under by Afzalina | Edit This



I bleed with a broken heart,
There’s no joy left in me
A year ago, this very day I was in love,
Convinced I found my destiny.

In him, I found my world of joy
And love sure was bliss!
For how would I know this joy would last four years?
Yet end with a goodbye kiss

I stare at the crushed red rose he gave
Remembering those good old days,
My cheeks feel moist, my hands tremble
God has His funny ways.

I squat with folded hands in prayer,
‘Keep him happy Lord’ comes a feeble whisper
For today he marries a friend I trusted,
I wish I could be her.

Gathering broken pieces of my life’s picture,
I find one missing, out of the few,
My picture isn’t complete without it,
Perhaps love was “you”!

0 comments

Make A Comment
top